Union Public Service Commission has announced the dates for Combined Defense Services Examination (CDS), which will be conducted in September 2012. The CDS entrance exam will be held on Sunday, September 16, 2012.
Combined Defense Services Examination (CDS Exam) is conducted twice a year by UPSC for recruitment to the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. CDS Exam is usually conducted in February and September every year.
CDS 2012 Eligibility Criteria :
- The age limit for UPSC CDS (September) 2012 examination is between 17 to 22 years.
- Eligibility Criteria for Indian Military Academy and Officer’s Training Academy:The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or its equivalent can apply for this exam.
- Eligibility Criteria for Naval Academy: The candidates should be a science graduate B.Sc with physics and mathematics or a B.E graduate can apply.
- Eligibility Criteria for Air Force Academy: The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university with physics and mathematics at 10 +2 level or should be an engineering graduate.
- The candidates who are at their final year are also eligible to apply and they need to submit the proof of passing the degree examination by the specified dates. Read More